Quick And Healthy Granola Recipe
This is probably the easiest recipe I have ever made and it is so tasty. It takes no time at all to make. I make a big batch on the weekend and it keeps for a few weeks. It is perfect for an on the go snack or a simple breakfast. You can top it with some Greek yoghurt and fresh fruit or just eat it on its own. I try to vary my breakfast to keep it interesting and this is the perfect option for having something new. You can add any type of dried fruits, seeds or nuts that you would like into the mix.
YOU WILL NEED
2 cups Scottish whole rolled chunky oats
1 cup small porridge oats
¼ cup butter
¼ cup honey
1/3 cup currants
1/3 cup raisins
2 heaped tablespoons desiccated coconut
2 heaped tablespoons stewed apple (optional)
1 tablespoon brown sugar
a pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat the your oven to 160c
- Add your chunky and small oats to a large bowl, melt the butter and pour over the oats and mix well.
- Then add the honey and mix until everything is well coated.
- Next add your brown sugar, currants, raisins, coconut, apple and cinnamon. Mix all the ingredients together so everything is distributed evenly.
- Line a large baking tray with parchment paper, spread the mixture out evenly on the baking tray and pack it all down together.
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until golden and slightly crunchy.
The granola will last up to a week in an airtight container with the apple as it is fresh and 3 weeks if you make it without the apple.