Gorgeous Local Tomato Salad
I have been loving the little bits of sunny weather we have been having at the moment. It has really got me in the summer salad mood!! Each week we get our local tomatoes from the Norfolk Veg Box. I have been dying to make a recipe with them and I have finally got around to it. This recipe is so simple but soooo GOOD!! Local tomatoes have such an amazing flavour compared to the ones you get in the supermarket. This salad is all about tomatoes and celebrating how amazing their flavours are!! It would make a perfect addition to any summer BBQ (if the weathers stay nice…😑)
I also decided to make a quick basil pesto for this recipe.For this I used a lovely Jamie Oliver recipe, it complements this so well and I love pesto so much!!
You Will Need
A selection of local tomatoes (I got ours from the Norfolk veg box)
Good quality mozzarella
Homemade basil pesto ( I used this Jamie Oliver recipe)
Extra virgin olive oil
salt & pepper
A few basil leaves to garnish
- Chop up all your tomatoes, vary the sizes. Slice some, cut some into wedges and some small to make it texturally more interesting.
- Give the tomatoes a good salt and pepper; add slivers of mozzarella in between the tomatoes.
- Drizzle a bit of extra virgin olive oil over them.
- Then spoon little bits of basil pesto over the tomatoes.
- Finish by garnishing with a few basil leaves and you are finished!
You can follow me on my social media to find out about all the fun and exciting things coming soon. Also tag me in any photos if you make this recipe, I would love to see them!!